Here are some Fourth of July, as well as summer time tips to keep your pet safe.
- Your dog and cat’s hearing and vision is different than ours. The flash, boom and crowds of fireworks can cause great anxiety for them. Leave your pet home.
- In addition to the noise and crowds we are having a very hot summer. Dogs can not cool off like we do causing them to dangerously overheat, and the pavement can burn their feet. You should go and enjoy the fireworks, Farmer’s Market, music or arts fest, but leave your dog safely at home.
- When you leave them at home keep them inside. A cool location with plenty of water is best. Even the best of dogs who never escape your back yard may jump or dig out due to fear during fireworks.
- Microchipping and an ID tag will assist if your get separated from your dog.
- If your pet has a history of anxiety from fireworks or thunder we have some options to help. We have several varieties of calming treats. All assist with anxious situations for dogs and cats. Thundershirts™ provide a gentle, constant pressure which has a calming effect for most dogs.
- If your dog needs sunscreen on a sensitive nose or belly…NO PABA is the rule.
- Flies or gnats bugging them…NO DEET is the rule.
- Don’t forget consistent heartworm and flea/tick preventative.
inClover, is the designer of supplements for dogs and cats. Content and ingredient quality is of utmost importance to us at Leash on Life and inClover passes with flying colors. inClover has the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council) seal of quality on all products. Rooted in science (clinically tested) and developed with nature, inClover specifically focuses on natural alternatives for chronic conditions in dogs and cats. inClover has supplements for joint health, allergies, digestive health and treats to help those teeth. New to inClover is BioResiliant. BioResiliant® is made up of only active ingredients that tackle canine discomfort related to seasonal allergies. BioResiliant maintains normal histamine levels and supports the natural keratinization process. This is a great option for the itchy footed or hot spot dog. Try any inClover product as directed for 30 days. If your pet does not improve you can return the item for a refund.
InClover is an English phrase meaning to be at the height of health and comfort. May your pets always be InClover.
Adoptable Cat of the Month, Daphne…
Kitten season is hitting the Animal Center. If you are looking for a kitten now is the time. Ms Daphne is as sweet as she looks. Daphne is available through the Iowa City Adoption Center. Call (319) 356-5295 or visit www.icanimalcenter.org to learn more about all the animals at the Center.